Archive for the ‘Fastener Fun’ Category
Check it out at this instructable
He is Dan Goldwater. Somehow not surprisingly, he is a co-founder of Instructables.
An artist – I believe in Germany – has made a spectacular city skyline out of fasteners. This clip is just a taste of it. Click on it to see the whole thing on flickr, and then maybe leave some nice comments there for her.
Wouldn’t it be better in this new age if we all stopped pricing things per hundred (per c) and per thousand (per M) and just price them per each so our computers don’t get confused? And do we still need per pound when scales and manufacturing methods are so accurate?
More and more of the world is appreciating the form of the fastener. Here are some screw lamps. The dimensions probably don’t meet ISO specs, but they are still cool.
Well, two screws, really. This article explains.
If you’re in the U.S. like me, chances are you ate a bit more than usual yesterday. Well, you are in luck. If you haven’t listened to the latest episode of Fully Threaded Radio, you can do it now and also aid in the digestion of yesterday’s Thanksgiving meal. Fully Threaded Radio includes digital equivalents of probiotics and intestinal microflora to ease you through your recovery from the big day*, allowing you to scarf down more leftovers.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Fully Threaded is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
I have only listened to the beginning of the new Fully Threaded Radio episode, but I already heard that the Fastener Word Association included the word Fallopian. Intriguing or what? Let’s check out the review episode from the big NIFSW Vegas Fastener Show 2012. [Yes, I know that’s not the official name]
What the heck? Fifty episodes of Fully Threaded Radio? Five years ago who would have even imagined there would be such a thing? It just makes you wonder what the next five years have in store for us fastener freaks…
If you haven’t already (okay I am about a week behind), check out Episode 48 of Fully Threaded Radio, and hear about swimming mammals, and even some fastener stuff.
- Valedictory (7)
- Handy Charts (4)
- Do you have a screw tattoo? (4)
- Let's Help Manufacturers Fastener World Go Out with a Bang (4)
- Screw Biz Links (3)
- What the heck is #NIFSW? (3)
- About (2)
- Photo & Video (2)
- You Might be a Fastener Freak... (2)
- Fastener Distribution and Technology Can Be Better Friends (2)
- Andy: It's been a while since I hear...
- Jeanette: I work at fastenal and would l...
- Andy: I found a quick ...
- Neil: Hi are they made of metal ? i ...
- Andy: Looks cool! I posted the vide...
- Mary: I thought you may like to info...
- Andy: I’ve discovered the key to get...
- John Butler: You didn't think it thru for w...
- Jamie Dillon: Looks to be some kind of over-...
- Brad: Ian, I came across your pos...